Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Filtering the sheet based on value in a straight table

Hi Experts,

I have a table with Dimension(Resource) and 3 Measures.

Example:

Resource             count(Total)    Count(Pass)   Count(Fail)

X                                   2                            1                         1

Y                                  40                          30                      10

Now when I click on the the value 2 ,it shd display those 2 resources data.Similarly when I click on 40,or 30 it should be displaying me the 40 or 30 resources respectively.

Can it be acheived in Qliksense?

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Selections are only possible on dimensions. So by selecting Y or X, you will get the result.
imrasyed
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Lisa,

Thats correct but upon selection of X or Y ,it not going to give those particular resources which got passed or failed

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Selections can only be made on physical fields in the data model. This means that selections within a table make selections of the dimension fields as Lisa indicated, and for the underlying fields in the case of calculated dimensions.

To achieve what you require add a pass/fail flag field to your load script and one result field, then use a pivot table with that field as an extra dimension. You need only a single Count(result) expression in the resulting 2-dimension pivot. Now when you make a selection, you will be selecting X/Y and Pass/Fail, so you should see the correct resources in the detail.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein