Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Gauge charts limits coloring

When creating a limit in a gauge chart, you are able to make multiple limits and enable multiple colors.  I have made one chart that works the way I want it to, but when I duplicate the chart and change two fields, leaving the limits alone, it breaks and defaults to the first color I selected.  

Has anyone experienced a glitchy gauge chart like this in QS? If so, any advice?

1 Reply
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @Mark4 ,

The limits are dependent on the measure, something that will presumably be different in each gauge chart. Within Master items you can define the measure with custom segment colours and add limits such that in suitable charts, such as the gauge chart, you can reuse these definitions by turning on "use segments" and "use library" in the presentation properties. Building reusability into the measure rather than the chart makes sense to me, if I'm copying a gauge chart it's either because I'm going to present the same chart somewhere else or I'm going to change the measure.

As a result I suppose I don't see the behaviour you are describing as "glitchy" at all, I think that's harsh characterisation. I'm fairly certain it is working as designed and for good reason. I guess my advice would be to think through what your development approach would be in a large complex app and from the point of view of having to maintain that app over time. What's in Qlik Sense now isn't perfect but I think the design approach around aspects like this is pretty sound and well thought through, plus I know from my time with Qlik that they do listen carefully to the user community and the whole library approach has been in response to that.