Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator

Get the latest month of consumer based on the filter selection.

Hi Team, I have a requirement to display the breakdown of the Consumers by category in the Consumer's latest reporting month. I have fields in the data model - ConsumerID, ReportingMonth,Category and Product, and product Type.

User want to first select values from the product and based on that the Status of the latest month should be considered. So I can't calculate the Latest reporting month per consumer in the script. It has to be dynamically calculated based in the filter selection. so it has to be a set analysis expression to compute the latest month.

For example, The maximum Month for the Consumer -1 is March2023 , so without any filter selection it will be considered under category - 'No' but if user selects product Type - Vehicle , then the maximum month becomes Feb2023 and the consumer should be counted under 'Yes' category.

Hope I am able to explain the requirement. Thanks in advance.

Consumer Month Category Product Prodcut Type
1 Jan-23 Yes Car Vehicle
1 Feb-23 Yes Bike Vehicle
1 Feb-23 No Camera Gadget
1 Mar-23 No Mobile Gadget
1 Apr-23 No Laptop Gadget
2 Jan-23 Yes Mobile Gadget
2 Feb-23 Yes Bike Vehicle
2 Mar-23 No Mobile Gadget
2 Apr-23 Yes Car Vehicle
3 Jan-23 Yes Car Vehicle
3 Feb-23 Yes Car Vehicle
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Count( DISTINCT if(ReportingMonth= Aggr(NODISTINCT Max( ReportingMonth),ConsumerID) , ConsumerID))

tresesco_1-1683696199398.png

tresesco_0-1683696175916.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I couldn't match your explanation with example. However, it looks you need firstsortedvalue(). Try that; if can't get it to work. Try to share a output with no selection and one with a specific selection.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi , thanks for your reply. let me add a simple example for the same.

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @tresesco  , I have attached the sample data file and the expected result. 

Basically, I want to show the Consumer count across the two categories - Yes and No. the latest category should be considered for each consumer,after applying the filter - ProductType. I have attached the expected results without any filter, Vehicle filter applied and Gadget filter applied. 

Please let me know if there is any confusion. Thanks!

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Count( DISTINCT if(ReportingMonth= Aggr(NODISTINCT Max( ReportingMonth),ConsumerID) , ConsumerID))

tresesco_1-1683696199398.png

tresesco_0-1683696175916.png

onkarkulkarni
Creator
Creator
Author

@tresesco  - Thanks a lot, I will just try to merge this into the actual app to see if it's working as expected. But I believe it will.