Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rushil_Naik
Contributor
Contributor

How To Handle SAP Delta Records?

Dear Gurus,

I am fairly new to the Qlik environment so I am very unsure about how to handle deltas from SAP.

I did 4 full extractions for the past 4 years and stored each year in a separate QVD due to the volume of data.

I then did an initialization for the current year and that's no followed with delta updates.

The issue is where: Document 123 was loaded and written to the 2017 QVD. Today's delta brought through that same document because the customer settled the amount and it is now cleared. This scenario could happen for any document as a debtor might choose to settle an account after 10 years.

How do I get the delta to overwrite the old entry in the 2019 file? The FI extracts contain tens of millions of records so what would be the most efficient way to deal with this?

It was easy in BW because the original record would just get overwritten and we would always only have the updated records. Unfortunately we only have a SAP ERP environment and not BW.

Thank you all in advance!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi @Rushil_Naik ,

Did you try the SAP Extractor connector?

See section "Delta loads" of https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Clients...

Rushil_Naik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Joseph_Musekura 

Thank you for responding.

We  are using a SAP extractor (0FI_GL_4). I did a few FULL loads and stored them in separate QVDs, and then an INIT which was stored in it's own QVD and now each Delta is stored in a unique QVD.

The challenge I am facing is, how do I overwrite a record that's in any of the QVDs with one that comes through a Delta?