Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

How can I turn a table from horizontal to vertical

I have data by month.

I want to see the months across the top (columns) and the rest of the data in rows.  By default I am getting the opposite and I don't see how to change that in Qlik Sense.

26 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you tried a pivot table chart?

Not applicable

111.PNG

or

112.png

patriciousa
Creator II
Creator II

He asked for a Table, not a bar chart and that is not Qlik Sense..

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Usually you can use a pivot table to get months from rows to columns. How many measures so you have? And how many dimension.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I have 1 dimension and a bunch of measures. 

By default Qlik Sense is putting the dimension on the left and the measures across the top.

Because I have so many measures I want them to go down the left and have the Dimension be the columns.  I only have 3 values for the Dimension.

I don't see how to make this happen in QS?

I don't want or need a Pivot Table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe it is possible in Qlik sense to turn the table round at this stage.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why don't you want a Pivot Table? It is only a way of getting your data organized visually like you want to. And it can do the job.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When you say that you have many measures - do you mean many different measures or one measure with many values? Could you give us more specifics about what kind of dimension you have and the many measures you have and how you would like your table to look like?

Sure there are ways of rotating your data also in script without turning to a pivot table...

Not applicable

Hi Mark,

I used a workaround for this.

According to my understanding, your dimensions are in the form of rows. To convert them into columns, you will have to use Generic load. Refer this link for Generic load.

For the measures part, which are in columns, use Crosstable load to convert them into rows. Refer this link for Crosstable load.

Regards,

Rohan