Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcyw2910
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to include Null values within Set Analysis formula

Hi all,

I am currently using a KPI to count the number of orders, and this is the formula below:

=count({$<[Global Orders Flag]={"Group"}, [Customer Name] -= {'customerName1'}>} distinct([Order]))

How do I go about including null values in the KPI count using this formula?

Thanks,

Terence

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @tcyw2910 ,

Maybe this:

=count( {< [Global Orders Flag]={'Group'}, Order = {"=IsNull([Customer Name]) or [Customer Name]<>'customerName1'"} >} distinct Order )

I hope it can help.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tcyw2910
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

to add to this, 

I need the Null values for [Customer Name], so essentially excluding CustomerName1 but including null values.

Or
MVP
MVP

I believe what you'll need here is:

{1-$<[Customer Name]={"customerName1"}>}

Have a look at the PDF attached to this post, specifically the last two pages, for explanation and additional details/options: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/NULL-handling-in-QlikView/ta-p/1484472

tcyw2910
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If I add the 1-$, that'll affect my selection for Global Order Flags, which I don't want. How do I apply that to my formula without affecting anything else other than Customer Name?

Or
MVP
MVP

Why would it impact another selection? It's not supposed to... should be something along the lines of:

=count({$<[Global Orders Flag]={"Group"}> * 1-<[Customer Name] = {'customerName1'}>} distinct([Order]))

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

See the "Identifiers" section in the documentation above in case my syntax isn't correct - I don't have data to test it with.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi @tcyw2910 ,

Maybe this:

=count( {< [Global Orders Flag]={'Group'}, Order = {"=IsNull([Customer Name]) or [Customer Name]<>'customerName1'"} >} distinct Order )

I hope it can help.

Best Regards

tcyw2910
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you! this worked for me 🙂