Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to retain data from a previous load to show trends?

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to Qlik Sense. I need to do the following:

I have the following table

Risk:

Serial NoSupplier NameRisk Score
1A

2B4
3C10
4D2

This table is extracted from an excel file.

A new excel file will be loaded every week with changes in just the risk score column.

How do I retain the risk score values of the previous week, to show a trend in risk score of each supplier?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Best,

Pranab

5 Replies
prithviram777
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Pranab,

It would be great if you can add a Date column or a month column to it and load it each month,

Or you can try creating a column for Month and go ahead.

Let me know if it would suit you.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Prithvi,

Even if I add a date/month column, when the user loads the new data from the excel file, wouldn't the previous data be removed from qlik?

This is what I wanted to do:

Say each week, a different version of the data is loaded (replacing the existing data). I want to find out the way to retain the risk score column of the existing data before it is discarded by qlik, so that it can be visualized along with the current data.

In the third week, when the newer set of data is loaded, the risk scores of week 1 are discarded, the risk scores of week 2 is retained and visualized along with week 3 data.

Is this possible in qlik?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I can think, Find last week of data and load the same table of data by help of Variable which hold last week number. Then, Understand to define as Flag for that. And use same flag for reference which you need?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Drewster
Contributor
Contributor

Hi any luck on this? i am facing a similar issue 

er77
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

A good solution could be, everytime you run a new reload, store data on a qvd file with a dynamic naming like: "current-date".qvd; obiously on the load script a date field like "today() as DateField" is required.

Then another step to follow is integrate on the load script the right way to load qvd files previously saved and concatenate with current data.