Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dia2021
Creator
Creator

If calculation

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to set the background color based on the IF statement. I'm not sure if I can combine multiple conditions within the IF statement or not? Because calculation works fine when I run it separately along with the indicator, it doesn't work while I combine it with the IF clause. Please see the calculation below, and help me with fixing it. I have set up the indicator as a variable.

if (Only({<Goal_Metric={'Computer'}>} [Goal]) > sysvalue >= Sum({< Plan_Quarter ={'$(=MaxString(Plan_Quarter))'},[Plan_Metric]={'Computer'}>} [Plan_Value]), '$(vC_LightIndicator)')

Note: sysvalue is also a calculated field.

I'm trying to calculate if goalvalue > sysvalue >= planvalue then show this background color

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

you can't do  a three way comparison like you do. You need to spilt them into two, like this.

if (Only({<Goal_Metric={'Computer'}>} [Goal]) > sysvalue AND sysvalue >= Sum({< Plan_Quarter ={'$(=MaxString(Plan_Quarter))'},[Plan_Metric]={'Computer'}>} [Plan_Value]), '$(vC_LightIndicator)')

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

you can't do  a three way comparison like you do. You need to spilt them into two, like this.

if (Only({<Goal_Metric={'Computer'}>} [Goal]) > sysvalue AND sysvalue >= Sum({< Plan_Quarter ={'$(=MaxString(Plan_Quarter))'},[Plan_Metric]={'Computer'}>} [Plan_Value]), '$(vC_LightIndicator)')

dia2021
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Vegar! It is working fine.

I have another question on the same syntax above as I need to apply the same syntax with multiple variations on the dashboard. I would like to create and capture Quarter as a variable so I can use it multiple times. Also, I'm not sure how can I use it with Sum function in set analysis, for example :

if (Only({<Goal_Metric={'Computer'}>} [Goal]) > sysvalue AND sysvalue >= Sum({< Plan_Quarter ={'$(=MaxString(Plan_Quarter))'},[Plan_Metric]={'Computer'}>} [Plan_Value]), '$(vC_LightIndicator)')

Syntax with Variable: How to use it with Sum function

if (Only({<Goal_Metric={'Computer'}>} [Goal]) > sysvalue AND sysvalue >= Sum({<'$(vPlanQtr)'},[Plan_Metric]={'Computer'}>} [Plan_Value]), '$(vC_LightIndicator)')

Thanks for your help!!