Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Incomplete Visualisation

Hi all,

Can't understand why the same App have different behaviour on different users. In mine (as a developer), all Visualisations are fine. One user has roughly 3 of 20 diagramms incomplete visualisations. The user has access to the stream, app, sheets etc. I did not give special rights to App objects and I am 100% sure it is the same App. 

Thanks for any help.

2021.0413-161012.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Did try this:

1) Duplicate App and tried with the new App

2) Duplicate App / delete all Master-Items in the diagramms the problem occured and generate new Master-Items

None of these solutions was helpful, even find it in this forum. Finally find a work-around:

Delete all Master-Items in the diagramms the problem occured and used normal Formula (unlink Master-Items).

Now it worked fine but with a Work-around. This is a Bug in Qlik! 

Had the problem fo find all affected "broken" Master-Items in the hole App. Would appreciate it if Qlik once would implemented my idea to find broken Master-Items faster and more safe:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Find-out-broken-Master-Items/td-p/1649576

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I don't understand the language to understand the error message. All I can think off the top of my head is that perhaps the application has Section Access applied that is limiting the fields for instance Personal/Protected Information. 

george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It is saying that the visualisation is incomplete. Commonly there are broken dimensions or measures. Because this is not showing to me, don't know which dimension/measure it is. And even If I could find out, don't know what to do with it.

How I can check if there is limitation to the fields? And if you are right, why it is choosen some specific diagramms?

george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Qlik Troubleshooting writes:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Troubleshooting/trou...

Incomplete visualization
A visualization is not displayed, instead an error message Incomplete visualization is displayed.

Possible cause  
The visualization contains data fields that you do not have access to.

Proposed action  
Contact your Qlik Sense administrator to see if you can get access to the omitted data fields, to be able to use the visualization.

How can I find (I am the administrator) what fields a user don't have access?

george55
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Did try this:

1) Duplicate App and tried with the new App

2) Duplicate App / delete all Master-Items in the diagramms the problem occured and generate new Master-Items

None of these solutions was helpful, even find it in this forum. Finally find a work-around:

Delete all Master-Items in the diagramms the problem occured and used normal Formula (unlink Master-Items).

Now it worked fine but with a Work-around. This is a Bug in Qlik! 

Had the problem fo find all affected "broken" Master-Items in the hole App. Would appreciate it if Qlik once would implemented my idea to find broken Master-Items faster and more safe:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Find-out-broken-Master-Items/td-p/1649576