Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
greend21
Contributor II

Max Date per Month

I have data like the below example and want my pivot table to only show the values for the max date per month. I have a variable to toggle the view so I tried =If($(vValuationDate) = 0, MonthName(Aggr(Max(ValuationDate), ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth)), ValuationDate) but it shows the values for 2015-01-22 and 2015-02-12. The other odd thing is if I remove the IF statement and only have =MonthName(Aggr(Max(ValuationDate), ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth)) I get the sum total for each month instead of a specific week's total. I would think the results would at least be consistent. Does anyone know how to get the desired format?

Current format:

ValuationDateNumber
2015-01-02131
2015-01-08148
2015-01-15234
2015-01-22233
2015-01-29165
2015-02-05181
2015-02-1272
2015-02-19194
2015-02-2774

Needed format:

ValuationDateNumber
2015-01-29165
2015-02-2774
12 Replies

Re: Max Date per Month

May be try something like this

Sum(Aggr(If([Valuation Date] = Max(TOTAL <[ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]> Valuation Date), Sum(Number)), [Valuation Date], ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth))
greend21
Contributor II

My original thought was using a calculated dimension to show the specific date thinking the measures would sum for those dates but that doesn't seem to be working. I tried what you provided as a measure but it did not work but I will try a few things based off a similar method.

What all do you have dimensions? Do you only have Valuation Date as a dimension or do you have others as well? Also, this is minor, but is your Date field ValuationDate or [Valuation Date] (with a space)... make sure you use the right field name throughout the below expression....

Sum(Aggr(If([Valuation Date] = Max(TOTAL <[ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth]> Valuation Date), Sum(Number)), [Valuation Date], ValuationDate.autoCalendar.YearMonth))

greend21
Contributor II

The row dimensions are LOB, BusinessType, and ValuationDate. The column dimension is AgeBucket.

Oh so you have a lot more going on then you posted here... would you be able to share  a sample to show what you have and may be share the expected output from the sample you share in an Excel file?

greend21
Contributor II

I'm not sure that I'll be able to post an example, but basically my information is like what I posted above. I can get the pivot to display only 2015-01-29 for the month of January but the expression is summing everything when I only want it to display the sum for that last week in January, or 165.

I want to help, but without seeing the whole picture, it would be difficult to offer much help.

I hope someone else is able to help you here.

Best,
Sunny
greend21
Contributor II

No problem. I was trying to use Aggr to get the sum of ClosedCt per the last week of the month but I can't get it right if it is possible.

okay 🙂