Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soniakaur
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense - login to hub error -The following user could not be identified - MAC

Hi All-

I have a user on macOD Mojave -V 10.14.5 using the latest up to date Chrome or Safari and they are trying to login to the Qlik Sense server hub . They are getting the error 'The following user could not be identified (expected domain\user):username'

Ive tried entering the domain like the following

www.xyz.net\username

but still same issue.

Using Qlik Sense 3.1SR2

Qliksense server:10.7.1

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Have you tried "Domain\unsername"?  Rather than using www.xyz.net as the domain, use just the domain name, like "XYZ\Username".  I have had limited success the other way.

Let me know if that works, just to try everything, before really crawling under the hood.

Nate

soniakaur
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Yes. I have tried all possible combinations using the domain. Still recieve the same error?

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

OK.  Thanks for the info.  How is Qlik connected to your user directory?  Are you connecting to Active Directory?  My follow-up question is whether or not your user is a member of that directory.  If they are not a member of the directory, and that is how Qlik is getting it's user list, then the your Mac user will not be able to log in.

Nate