Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik View Salesforce Connector Error The underlying connection was closed:

Hi 

my firm payed to have the QlikSalesForce Connector .

but we are having difficulty using it  and Qlik has no Troubleshooting Guide.

I can login to salesforce webpage via the same user name and password.

if I use the salesforceDLL.Dll I can login to salesforce but the tables I download are empty Go Figure.

if I use the QVSalesForceConnector.exe 64 the one we paid for. I enter the same user name and password. i leave the security token empty , use Bulk API. Leave Proxy empty. because in IE Proxy settings its empty also.

if i test the connection i get error 

EventID Date and Time                   Username   Severity    Message
000000 2020-06-09T17:43:00.364+02:00 domain\User1 Error       System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)    at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result)    at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)    at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.SOAPService.UnzippedHttpWebResponse..ctor(WebRequest request)    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.SOAPService.SforceService.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.SOAPService.SforceService.login(String username, String password)    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.Core.SfdcHelper.Login(String user, String password, String url)    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.SFDCConnectorSourceConnection.Connect(Boolean testConnectOnly)    at Qlik.Connectors.SFDC.SFDCConnectorSourceConnection.TestConnect(String& message, String& detailMessage)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured this out , at this rate Qlik should Fire its entire helpdesk team useless.

I installed the salesforce driver on my local pc and with Qlik sense desktop I was able to connect to Salesforce tables and view all the data.

so the error must be related to not having local admin permissions or access to the internet or ports on the Qlik view server .

View solution in original post

2 Replies
anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Any Help on this ?

anwarbham
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I figured this out , at this rate Qlik should Fire its entire helpdesk team useless.

I installed the salesforce driver on my local pc and with Qlik sense desktop I was able to connect to Salesforce tables and view all the data.

so the error must be related to not having local admin permissions or access to the internet or ports on the Qlik view server .