cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgsprous0808
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik sense automated regression testing/ Python API to connect to QLIK sense

We are employing Qlik Sense and need to implement automated QA/regression testing.  Ideally, we need to be able to write a program that:

1.  connects to a Qlik Sense Sheet, pulls out the displayed data

2.  connects to the underlying database on which the Qlik Sense Sheet is based

2.1 - applies ETL logic to 'raw' data from the underlying DB

3.  compares the two sets of data and flags any problems.  

Ideally it should be an API to a common language such as python.   If someone knows of an API for the first part (connect to a Qlik sense sheet and pull out the data) I can take it from there.  

There is an older thread on this question, however the solution 'Qlik Sense Scalability Tools' is deprecated at the end of this year.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello ,

Not sure if this helps, but here is the latest list of API exposed functions.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/August2022/Content/Sense_Helpsites/APIs-and-SDKs.htm
otherjainprince810
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am also looking some API based solution to get data into CSV or Excel from Qlik report/apps

anat
Master
Master

I am also looking for automotive regression test in QA. 

Please let us know if you find any solution. 

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

One approach is to use the API called the Qlik Engine JSON API. Two examples of export to CSV-file and an XLSX-file is here in the Export the data of a generic object | Qlik Sense for developers Help

The data is contained in a so-called HyperCube in Qlik Sense which is one of different types (called modes or qMode): straight, pivot, stacked table, or tree.

See this article: HyperCube | Qlik Sense for developers Help

otherjainprince810
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Petter,

Thanks for your response.

I am beginner both in Qliksense and API. I am really not sure from where I can start it after reading your solution. So please guide me in such a way that I can start it.

Thanks.