Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

arvindjha2050
New Contributor II

Section Access

Hello Team,

I have come across a following scenario

ACCESS USERID GEOGRAPHY COUNTRY

ADMIN    1            *                    *

USER      2           EUROPE        SPAIN

USER      3           EUROPE        *

For the above case section access works for Admin and user with ID 2 but not for user 3.

For user 3 we want him to have access to all countries of Europe and hence * for COUNTRY.We also tried with blank but with no avail.

Thanks,

Arvind

4 Replies

Re: Section Access

I think you'll that for user 3 you'll have to add a line for each county in europe 1). The * means all listed values and the table now only lists spain. Leaving it empty doesn't work as you've noticed. User 1 has ADMIN access so it always gets access to all the data.

1) Or create a new data table in your model that links the users to the regions they should be able to see. Basically doing the same thing, but in a different table

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
arvindjha2050
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.

Yes this works and has been tested but it makes the whole thing very long.

Just imagine a case of Europe Geography and 20 countries beneath it , we need to have 20 entries for same.

arvindjha2050
New Contributor II

Just a confirmation

ACCESSUSERIDGEOGRAPHYCOUNTRY
ADMIN1**
USER2EUROPESPAIN
USER3EUROPEFRANCE
USER4EUROPEGERMANY
USER5EUROPE *

in this case i think User with UserID 5 will have access to Spain ,France and Germany.which means if i have a particular user assigned for each and every country in a particular geography we can have Head of that geography at last mentioning *.

Am i correct in my inference?

Thanks,

Arvind

Yes, that's correct.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Community Browser