Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hansvillo
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select at least 2 selections before showing the table

Hello,

I have a dashboard with a lot of data. Before seeing the table i want to let the user make at least 2 selections. I don't want to use "Getcurrentselection(Field)" because every user use other selections (fields). Is there any way to not predefine the two selection?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Hans,

Why is the minimum two? I guess for showing less data right?

What if you turn this around and say that the possible amount of rows should be less than X. For instance, make enough selections that the amount of rows is lower than 1.000.000 (1 mln). 

This way it doesn't matter which selections users make. Sometimes 1 is enough, sometimes you need 4. But this way you can more or less also tune the performance of your application.

Code:

// Conditional show
Count([YourField]) < 1000000

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Hans,

Why is the minimum two? I guess for showing less data right?

What if you turn this around and say that the possible amount of rows should be less than X. For instance, make enough selections that the amount of rows is lower than 1.000.000 (1 mln). 

This way it doesn't matter which selections users make. Sometimes 1 is enough, sometimes you need 4. But this way you can more or less also tune the performance of your application.

Code:

// Conditional show
Count([YourField]) < 1000000

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
hansvillo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you.

This is a good solution