Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howsy
Contributor
Contributor

Sorting Pivot Table based on overall sum

Hey Guys!
I know this has been discussed a lot, but i still cant manage to get this sorted out:

I have a pivot table with sales data. Sales channels for columns, People as rows and the ammounts as values.

Is it somehow possible to simply order the pivot table by the overall total of all channels per person?

Thanks,
Alex

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's possible and is rather simple - Sort the table by Person, select sorting "By Expression", and repeat the same formula for Sales in the sorting expression: sum(Sales). That's it. The pivot table will be sorted by total sales per person.

Check out my upcoming session on Set Analysis and Advanced Aggregation within the on-line version of the Masters Summit for Qlik - you will learn many cool tricks like this!

Cheers,

IKB1234
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Oleg!
Thanks for your reply!
I tried your solution but still the Pivot wont sort by overall sales. I have attached a screenshot of my setup, maybe i just miss something?
Thanks,

Alex

IKB1234
Contributor
Contributor

Nevermind! I hadn´t used the qualified names, my bad..

Thanks,

Alex

Samiullah
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Oleg. I know this is an old thread but this suggestion worked for me as well. Thank you again. This forum is really helpful.