Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

Source of the field without admin rights

Hello, I'm working with app where I'm not an admin or developer. There is one filed I have to figure out where it comes from. I have access to database, but I don't see that data there. Is there any way I can see the source of particular field without being admin? Unfortunately, admins are not very helpful...

Thanks a lot, in advance. 

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Could you please send me print screen  where to find  

" load > transform > extract > source"?

I clicked on selections in the top right corner, it gave me something... but some data looks very strange to me and if possible, I would like to know where it comes from...perhaps they union several fields etc... I know if put "/developer" in the search string, id of fields can be found.  Maybe something like that? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you are using SaaS edition  go to the Catalog and look at the sources linked to your app via linear and Impact Analysis to trace back your field to source.

ogster1974_0-1674748700771.png

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much!

No, I'm using regular qlik sense

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I know its not self serve as such but they should be able to point you in the direction of your data catalog/dictionary to give you visibility of how they do linear analysis of the data from load > transform > extract > source

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Could you please send me print screen  where to find  

" load > transform > extract > source"?

I clicked on selections in the top right corner, it gave me something... but some data looks very strange to me and if possible, I would like to know where it comes from...perhaps they union several fields etc... I know if put "/developer" in the search string, id of fields can be found.  Maybe something like that?