Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjdouglas
Contributor II
Contributor II

Subtotaling in Table Chart Object

Is there a way to Subtotal in the table chart object in QlikSense? Here's the result I'm trying to accomplish.

05-24-2018 8-13-27 AM.jpg

Each money column is summed. Rate Change % is a calculated field based on summed values.

4 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Brian,

Try converting your object to a Pivot table.  You then have options of what levels to add in sub totals.

It may not get you to quite where you want to be, but if you fiddle with the settings you should be able to get close.

Hope that helps,

Steve

bjdouglas
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Steve. I was hoping the Table Object would have this functionality. I think the Pivot Object would require me to put Policy as a Row Dimension in order to get the subtotal. I would have thought the Sorting property of the Table object would offer this. Would you know if there is an open source Table object that has this functionality?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should be able to have only row dimensions, with no column dimensions, which would then be largely the same as a straight table, just you could add the sub totals.

I don't know of an extension which behaves like you describe, but the VizLib table may be worth a look.  I'm sure mahlerma‌ will give you more info if you require.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Agree - this is more a Pivot Table requirement!