Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Document CAL Release - QMS API

Hi all,

i have an urgent matter to solve.

I wrote a C# Consle Application with aim to release the Document CAL's in an automatic way when no longer used.

The code is working fine for the documents deployed in the root folder, but not with the document deployed in a mounted folder.

Someone encountered the same issue? Who can support me in this issue?

Thanks,

Patric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Check the QlikView licence terms for Identified Users in the Licence Metrics for QlikView

http://www.qlik.com/en-gb/legal/license-terms

Named and Document CALs are assigned  to  an  identified  user  and  may  not  be  transferred  to  another  user  unless  the  transfer  is  due  to  a  i)  termination  of employment,  or  ii)  a  transfer  of  the  user to a  new  business unit  or  group  resulting  in  no  access to  the  Qlik  Software.    When a  Named  User  or  Document CAL  is  transferred, there  is  a  7-day quarantine  before the  CAL  can  be  used  by another  user.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Be aware that named user CALs cannot be removed freely, but when the person who was allocated to leaves the company or no longer works with QlikView.

Colin-Albert

Check the QlikView licence terms for Identified Users in the Licence Metrics for QlikView

http://www.qlik.com/en-gb/legal/license-terms

Named and Document CALs are assigned  to  an  identified  user  and  may  not  be  transferred  to  another  user  unless  the  transfer  is  due  to  a  i)  termination  of employment,  or  ii)  a  transfer  of  the  user to a  new  business unit  or  group  resulting  in  no  access to  the  Qlik  Software.    When a  Named  User  or  Document CAL  is  transferred, there  is  a  7-day quarantine  before the  CAL  can  be  used  by another  user.

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Guys this was my issue, we are not transferring DOCUMENT CALs or NAMED CALs.

We are trying to release DOCUMENT CALs them follwowing and then we are following the Qlikview policy (Qurantine and so on).

I noticed if the document does not reside in the root folder and subfolder the Saving is not working and DOC CAL are not released.

What is the reason behind?

Somebody hd the same issues?

Regards,

Patric

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're not releasing them to throw them away, are you?

The gist of the remarks by Miguel and Colin is that the EULA says that once a CAL has been assigned, it stays assigned. The policy has nothing to do with Quarantaine periods. 

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

What we do we would like to avoid that the server Administrator release manually the Document CAL's after they are not used since 7 days!

On the server side we have the following setting:

- Dynamic Document CAL Assignement

After 7 days since the last Used Date we want to release the unused Document CAL's by an automatism, so the goal of the serer is to release the Doc CAL, which will be available to the next user who access the document.

Clear?!

Regards,

Patric

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

If this is not allowed I think it is kind of weird, because it is the same when the Qlikview Administrator would do it manually. Or not???

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, but if you carefully read your license agreement, it is clear that reassigning licenses for whatever reason, (including that they aren't used anymore) is not allowed. The fact that you can do that doesn't mean that you are allowed to do it.

If you don't believe us, talk to your Qlik partner.

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I talked today with Qlik about this matter and they said it is ok.

They had the same concern like you, but I explained our use case. Anyway I will get in touch with them again to clear it up.

Regards,

Patric

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So I could clear up, it is like you said.

I will clear up with the customer.