Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stopping values on data points overlapping

Is there a way to stop values on data points from overlapping in combo charts?  I have a number of charts where I'm showing the value on data points but often the data values overlap each other.  Is there a feature in Qlikview that automatically finds the best position for the value on the data point to avoid overlap?

Thanks

Greg

18 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to presentation tab

Values on Data Point

Select Vertical....!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Manish but it is a different kind of overlap.  Please see image below as example -

overlap.bmp

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You can do some trick like below

1) Your First Expression - Keep as It is

2) Your Second Expression - Change as below

Dual(Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&YourSecondExpression,YourSecondExpression)

Try it and let me know if this is helpful or not...

UPDATE:

Give some different Text Text Format ('<B>') and Text Color (RED()) to 2nd Expression values...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Manish but I'm not sure I understand.  I'm new to programming and Qlikview.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You definitely having two expressions...

Keep First Expression as it is

and Replace the second expression as below

Dual(Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&(YourSecondExpression),(YourSecondExpression))

Wherever YourSecondExpression is written, replace with your original expresison...

If your expression is something like SUM(Sales)/SUM(Total Sales), you have to use as below

Dual(Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&Chr(10)&(SUM(Sales)/SUM(Total Sales)),(SUM(Sales)/SUM(Total Sales)))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tried that.  No impact.  Looks the same as before.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide some sample data in excel file or your sample apps?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry Manish, I am unable to provide sample data or app.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

I know due to data sensitivity, you can't provide, but obviously you can make 10 - 15 lines dummy data and can provide in excel file or in Apps itself using INLINE Load...without this it's sometimes difficult to answer question.