Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik and Talend Support Cases are now opened in the same place.

Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Install or Reinstall PDF-Xchange Printer on QlikView Server

Last Update:

Apr 1, 2022 3:29:01 AM

Updated By:

Daniele_Purrone

Created date:

May 31, 2021 5:26:55 AM

Note: with QlikView May 2021 (12.60) PDF-Xchange is no longer needed, with the exception of systems running on Windows 2012.

When you install QlikView, windows service “Print spooler” must be up and running. If it is disabled, PDF-XChange 3.0  will not be added during the installation. 

If PDF-XChange 3.0 does not install with QlikView, or if you have uninstalled it and need to reinstall it, follow the steps in the Resolution. 

NOTE:  If installing in a QlikView Server cluster environment, the PDF-XChange 3.0 will need to be installed on each QlikView Server Service node.

Environment

• QlikView 12.40 and 12.50 (April 2019 to April 2020)

1. Download PDF Exchange 3. (NOTE: if the link doesn't work in your browser, copy and paste the URL http://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/pdf/9.00/7119/_MSI/QvPDFSetup.exe to a new window)
  2. Ensure the Spooler (Print Spooler) service is running via Windows Task Manager
  3. Run the installer downloaded in Step 1 above
  4. Confirm the printer driver appears in the Devices and Printers applet under  \Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

Labels (1)
Comments
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @p_verkooijen! Thank you for sharing your experience with us here 🙂

(And I don't know if it was done already, but will see if I can log a defect for setting naming.)

daveatkins
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I followed these instructions and it resolved printing reports from the access point, but I am still having failures from scheduled tasks that create PDFs and email them. Is there a separate place to set the default printer for the distribution service? I did restart both QVS and QDS; still just get "warnings" that PDF failed to generate.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support
Version history
Last update:
‎2022-04-01 03:29 AM
Updated by: