Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
QlikProductUpdates

Qlik continues to invest in enhancements to Qlik Sense visualization capabilities, and the recent Qlik Sense SaaS and Client-Managed releases are no exception.  

One of the most significant updates of the year, the new Straight Table greatly boosts self-service capabilities with expanded exploratory analysis and reporting. The Straight Table, now available in the Visualization Bundle (available natively at a later date), acts as a catch-all table, providing application developers with the flexibility to pick and choose how they would like their layout presented.    

Through the Straight Table, developers can add numerous fields simultaneously, alternate dimensions and measures, customize column width, view user field picker, choose pagination or virtual scroll, and store the layout in bookmarks. 

QlikProductUpdates_0-1684935751655.png

Also, the new Filter Pane is a highly requested feature improvement. Similar to the QlikView List Box, the new Filter Pane includes a grid layout. It also provides several new capabilities, including grid mode, search mode (with wildcard option), checkbox mode, compact view, and histogram.  

QlikProductUpdates_1-1684935751657.png

Other recent improvements give you more flexibility, allowing you to customize according to company branding, department, or personal preference. These include:  

• Axis and value label styling for Bar, Pie, Combo Chart, Scatter Plot, DistPlot, BoxPlot, Waterfall Chart, Histogram, Mekko Chart, and Gauge Chart 
  • New styling panel for Line Chart and Mekko Chart (plus BG Image/Color options)   

All these capabilities are now available in Qlik Sense SaaS and Qlik Sense Client-Managed 

Visit Qlik Help for more information. Additional details on these updates can be found here. And, for an array of Qlik Data Visualization updates, visit the Qlik Visualization Showcase.   

6 Comments
sfbi
Creator
Creator

Hey @QlikProductUpdates 

Please check the use of pagination feature inside Containers. Unable to select the dropdowns after navigate between container tabs.

Or
MVP
MVP

Very nice new functionality for sure.

I've noticed a bit of a design issue with the new Straight Table object - it is difficult to reorder fields if the list of Alternatives is long (more than one screen's worth means there's a scrollbar). Perhaps this could be improved upon? Probably the easiest way would be for an option to have selected fields to float to the top of the list, making it easy to see them and reorder them (but this should probably not happen automatically because it'd make it annoying to pick individual fields if things moved around each time).

MikkoL
Contributor II
Contributor II

Straight Table :

some adjustments needed: 

- order of dimensions in edit mode
- order of measures in edit mode

- bookmarked selections do give in chart exploration menu error : TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id')
- wrap header text on/off
- wrap line text on/off
- ability still drag and drop from column headers to wanted order
- alias visible name for dimension or measure without braking the master
- Secondary box in exploration for measure or dimensio for insight advisor visualization
- When opening details. Option for customization (no fields list, no source list) 

Ludvig
Contributor II
Contributor II

It says new filter pane is included in May on-prem release, but I can't find it.

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

i think this is what you are looking for. You should add a dimension to the default filter panel and when you click on the dimension there will be an extra (sliding) property panel.

Ludvig
Contributor II
Contributor II

Now I can see the panel. I thought I had already tried that, but no. Thanks!