Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peccus
Contributor II
Contributor II

API-keys, shared automation to load apps, load one app from another?

Hi,

We are planning to use a load-chain where a ADF pipeline triggers the data load, as it is complete I would like to trigger a reload of the relevant apps in Qlik. Preferably I would like all this done in a automation in Qlik (that I call via API). That way our frontend developers can add/withdraw apps from a reload as needed. 

To my questions:

* Is there any way to share a automation to a specific workspace/group?
* Is it possible to get one app to load several others (in QlikCloud)?
* All api-keys seem to be bound to a user, is there any way to generate a system-api-key?

Having keys/automations bound to a user that runs reloads in a production-environment feels volatile, is there any other way I should go about this? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

The simplest way to do what you're asking today is to establish a (interative) service account login on the tenant, which owns an automation using Qlik Cloud Services connector blocks. Use an automation with a trigger (you'll be given a URL which you can trigger from your web service), which then has a chain of do reload blocks.

You can use OAuth clients with appropriate scopes to run reloads if you don't wish to use API keys - these create a non-interactive service account user in the tenant and work with the Qlik Platform Operations connector in Qlik Cloud. Your automation design will be slightly different, and you may wish to use a flow such as this:

1. Your web app triggers the reload of the first app in the chain directly (using a token generated for the scoped oauth client, to the /reloads API)
  2. Each app in the load chain has some metadata on it for the next app in the chain
  3. You have an automation in the tenant which runs using the Qlik Cloud Services connector on reload finished events - this picks up the "next app" metadata, starts the next reload, then stops
  4. Step 3 repeats until all apps reloaded using the reload finished webhook in the tenant

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

The simplest way to do what you're asking today is to establish a (interative) service account login on the tenant, which owns an automation using Qlik Cloud Services connector blocks. Use an automation with a trigger (you'll be given a URL which you can trigger from your web service), which then has a chain of do reload blocks.

You can use OAuth clients with appropriate scopes to run reloads if you don't wish to use API keys - these create a non-interactive service account user in the tenant and work with the Qlik Platform Operations connector in Qlik Cloud. Your automation design will be slightly different, and you may wish to use a flow such as this:

1. Your web app triggers the reload of the first app in the chain directly (using a token generated for the scoped oauth client, to the /reloads API)
  2. Each app in the load chain has some metadata on it for the next app in the chain
  3. You have an automation in the tenant which runs using the Qlik Cloud Services connector on reload finished events - this picks up the "next app" metadata, starts the next reload, then stops
  4. Step 3 repeats until all apps reloaded using the reload finished webhook in the tenant
Peccus
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Dave!

I Will have a look into the OAuth-option for the api calls as well.

/P