Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl_Hunter
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Add new user to Managed Space

Hi, I have setup a webhook based automation to add new users to a managed space. However, it looks like you can only add users who have accepted their invite, therefore my automation does not work correctly - it fires and completes but that user is not visible in the Space members list.

Is there a way to trigger an automation once a user has accepted their invite? Unless I've missed something, it seems pointless having a "add new user" webhook if you cannot do anything with the user record until their status is active?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi Carl,

You're right, new users must accept their invitations before they can be added to a managed space. So the flow you describe above won't work.

If you try to recreate this through the UI, you'll find that it's also not possible to add a user to a space before they accepted their invite.

We're working on a new type of webhooks that allow you to send a filter. I'll ask our dev team if this will allow us to filter on users who accepted their invite. If that's not possible we might need to add a new webhook that listens to an 'invitation accepted' event, I'll share this with product management.

I'll keep you posted if I get new information.

Kind regards,
Emile