Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
N30fyte
Creator
Creator

Apply 'Select field value' block to filter a measure

Hi,

I am trying to build an automation in which I can apply a date selection as a filter to a measure and build an email with the text of the resulting value.

I've had no difficulty generating a Report using a Sheets workflow and generating a pdf:

Screenshot 2024-10-09 143450.png

This applies the correct filter to the sheet and emails the report as a pdf.

But my users want to be able to copy and paste text from the email, which is not possible from the pdf without additional (paid) software. It's not possible to copy and paste text from the image if the report is formatted as PowerPoint.

So I started from scratch and created an automation with a Select Field Value block for the App which specifies the Field Name and then sets its value to yesterday  -  {date:'now-1 day','d/m/Y'}

When I run this block, the input result shows field_name: Activity_date  (correct) and field_value: 08/10/2024 (also correct, today is 9 October and my date is in European format). This approach also works in the pdf workflow.

The output from the block is qReturn: true which suggests to me that the selection has also been made correctly.

But if I add a Get Measure Value block, it returns the fully aggregated value (for example sum(Sales)) over all dates rather than the value with the selection applied. 

So is there a way of applying the selection to a measure within the automated instance of the app, and returning the 'filtered' value?

Thanks!

N

Labels (1)
0 Replies