Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobbyJBS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Auto-update apps with Section Access

Hi All,

In my organisation, we use Section access quite a lot. Our current process is we develop an app with section access, and publish it between 1-8 times, to different spaces.
However, we are running into an issue where a new user is not being recognized as someone that should have access, until the app reloads. Due to the sheer amount of apps we are operating, reloading each app hourly is unfeasible.

I was wondering if anyone has implemented a solution where when a new user logs in, an automatic reload is run on all apps they would have access to?
I'm looking to use automation but I'd need to do it in a way where I can say 'reload all apps in x space' instead of individually listing apps in the automation
For example, user John has access to the General space, which contains App A and App B - when John logs in for the first time, App A and App B should reload, but no other apps should reload

We use AD groups to grant access to spaces, and we're using Qlik SaaS
Any advice would be much appreciated

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If you're already using AD groups to control Space access, why don't you use groups to control section access too? That way it doesn't require a reload of the app as it's just the group name needed in the app and the user being in the group...

From Managing data security with Section Access | Qlik Cloud Help:

GROUP
Contains a string corresponding to a group in Qlik Cloud. Qlik Cloud will get the information from the “groups” claim of the identity provider and compare it to the value in this field.
Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If you're already using AD groups to control Space access, why don't you use groups to control section access too? That way it doesn't require a reload of the app as it's just the group name needed in the app and the user being in the group...

From Managing data security with Section Access | Qlik Cloud Help:

GROUP
Contains a string corresponding to a group in Qlik Cloud. Qlik Cloud will get the information from the “groups” claim of the identity provider and compare it to the value in this field.
Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
BobbyJBS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Alex,

That's worked perfectly, thanks for that