Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skustes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Automation Log Files

Hello,

I've built an automation to output a Straight Table to csv via SFTP. It is a very large table (~790k records). A strange thing is happening on the SFTP server, however. Instead of creating a single large file, it writes lines to the files until the file is 2MB in size, then closes the file and starts a new one, overwriting the old one. By the end of output, we have a single file of about 1.2MB and 69 overwritten versions of exactly 2MB each.

When I use SharePoint instead of SFTP, the entire output is written to a single 144MB file, as expected. I can then move this file over to SFTP without problem. I've spoken with our SFTP provider who confirms that there is no 2MB limit on the file servers. They've asked to see the log files to figure out if the problem is in the way Qlik is writing the file or on their side while the file is being created, but I'm not sure if we have access to them.

So is it possible for me to get to a log file after running an automation?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @skustes 

The automation run log file can be retrieved by navigating to the automation job history and clicking on the export run button.

More details on how to acquire job run history can be found here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Troubleshooting-Qlik-Application-Automation/... (Section: Export This Run Button In Automations Overview Tab)

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @skustes 

The automation run log file can be retrieved by navigating to the automation job history and clicking on the export run button.

More details on how to acquire job run history can be found here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Troubleshooting-Qlik-Application-Automation/... (Section: Export This Run Button In Automations Overview Tab)

Thanks