Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LorisLombardo87
Partner - Contributor III

Call URL - cURL error 60

Hi everyone,

i'm trying to make a URL call with automations.

the URL i want to reach is under https with valid certificate. when i reach it with browser or postman no error is raised.

but unfortunately when i try to call it from Qlik automations I get this error

LorisLombardo87_0-1719416969059.png

for completeness, i'm adding the certificate report from chrome

LorisLombardo87_1-1719417250739.png

Thanks,
Loris

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @LorisLombardo87 

You will need to open a case for this to support with all the details i previously mentioned.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @LorisLombardo87 

As described in the case the issue was with the SSL certificate chain not being complete thus rendering the certificate to be untrusted.

The certificate must be trusted in order for the "Call URL" block to work, or should i say to make requests to the endpoint.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @LorisLombardo87 

There is not enough information in this post to start checking this out.
For example:

1. What is this URL that you are calling?

2. What block are you using

3. What authentication does this api use

4. how are you configuring the block to make this request and authenticate

Maybe this post is more suited to be created as a support case with the automation workspace, run json (for the failed run), automation id, run id

Best Regards

LorisLombardo87
Author

Hi Shai,

please see my replies here:

2. What block are you using: call url

3. What authentication does this api use: no authentication

4. how are you configuring the block to make this request and authenticate: method post, some parameters, and the rest are all default.

i think though the problem doesn't lie in the authentication or how the connection is made up, that's because the error comes in at a lower level.

i think it happens in the curl client behind the call url block, it doesn't like the certificate the server is sending back. but as you can see in my previous post there the certificate looks correct.

can you confirm why the Call URL block is sending back that cURL error 60, and what part of the certificate it doesn't like?

Thanks,
Loris

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @LorisLombardo87 

You will need to open a case for this to support with all the details i previously mentioned.

Best Regards

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @LorisLombardo87 

As described in the case the issue was with the SSL certificate chain not being complete thus rendering the certificate to be untrusted.

The certificate must be trusted in order for the "Call URL" block to work, or should i say to make requests to the endpoint.

Best Regards