Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravi_Nagmal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can we stop reload of an app if it is taking more then 30 mins

Hi All,

I have a app scheduled every 2 hours which takes around 17/18 mins to finish reload once.

I want a solution either with automation or any other where I want to stop reload of the app if it is taking more then 30 mins to reload.

I am on Qlik SaaS.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't know if there is a direct possibility within the settings. There may some global settings but on a document-level, rather not.

If there are multiple load-steps within the app you may include an appropriate timing by assigning now() to a variable and querying their differences against the current now() to end the script regularly or with a forced error.

Beside this it might be useful to add an incremental logic to this reload respectively to extend their layer to ensure that really only new/changed data are processed and all historically data are loaded from qvd's or binary.

Ravi_Nagmal
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply @marcus_sommer 

We are fetching only incremental data, also can you share some reference link for Variable it would be helpful.

marcus_sommer

Using an incremental approach doesn't mean that it couldn't be more sliced and/or optimized. Your query for a variable-example hints already for multiple steps within the application which means they could be more sliced.

The variable-stuff may look like:

let vScriptStart = num(now());

... any load-stuff ...

if interval(now() - $(vScriptStart), 'mm')  >= $(vMyThresholdMinutes1) then
    // exit script;
   I will create an error to break the script ...
end if

... any load-stuff ...