Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jelzo_nl
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot POST form data using upgraded 'API Key - Raw API Request' - HTTP 500 Internal server error

I upgraded a 'API Key - Raw API Request' block today that was posting raw form data. After the upgrade, Qlik does not send the request to the remote server and returns a HTTP 500 error.

When upgrading, Qlik prompted me that the Form encoded body field was removed. I was already sending a raw body like 'field1=value1&field2=value2' with the 'Content-Type' header set as 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded'. In the previous version of the 'API Key - Raw API Request' it was working fine.

I have tested this with a remote server and with the old and the upgraded block, the request of the upgraded block not arrive at the remote server. The error also indicates something fails on Qlik's side. I would like to know how I can POST form data using the new 'API Key - Raw API Request' block.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

As @jelzo_nl  said, fixed via a support case

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jelzo_nl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

jelzo_nl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I did some further testing and created a support case (#00163293) for this bug.

You can reproduce this bug by creating a 'Raw API Request' with the following parameters (raw form data):

• endpoint: any valid endpoint
  • request_body: field=value&field2=value2
  • request headers: {"Content-Type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"}

Temporary workarounds are:

• Downgrade to the old block by copy-pasting it from a previous template (note: always create a template as backup before editing automations)
  • Use the 'Raw API List Request With No Paging' block, this block does not seem affected, but if you need the output it might not suit your usecase.
jelzo_nl
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Issue is fixed.

Shai_E
Support
Support

As @jelzo_nl  said, fixed via a support case