Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benno
Contributor III
Contributor III

Compare field value to list of values

Hi everyone,

I am currently working on one of my first automations. I have used this very good knowledge base article to create a Loop and reduce automation 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-Loop-and-reduce-with-Qlik-Application...

I have a working solution. The field I use to loop over has more values than I want to use to create apps from.
To filter them I use a condition. I wanted to list all the values in one condition. For this I tried to separate them by comma or semicolon, but this doesn't work. I also tried to compare with list contains or contains.

Does anyone have a working solution on how to compare to a list of values?

Benno_0-1714739817603.png

Thanks a lot for your help!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

An alternatively might be to use an extra field for the loop with some kind of grouping/categorizing and/or setting any origin values intentionally to NULL.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jollyre4
Contributor
Contributor

I want to identify 'errant' objects... If all objects have differing properties then all of them are 'errants' and have failed. The values aren't known beforehand so we can just assume the first object in the list has the right value

marcus_sommer

An alternatively might be to use an extra field for the loop with some kind of grouping/categorizing and/or setting any origin values intentionally to NULL.

Benno
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the tip.

I guess I will create a "Flag" field where I set all the values I need to loop over to 1 and the ones I don't need to 0.