Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sehrish_Rehman
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Csv as attachment in Email through Qlik Automation

I aim to create an email using Qlik automation, with a CSV file attached. The CSV file should contain data from a specific table in a Qlik Cloud app sheet, focusing on quarterly sales. I attempted to use the "Generate Report" block in the workflow, but it only attaches the entire report as a PDF. My question is, if I have a table in the app and want to extract quarterly sales data, how can I generate an output report in CSV format and send it as an email attachment using Qlik automation?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @Sehrish_Rehman ,

I do not know how much this will help you but there is an article that shows how you can do this with an excel file using the native "Open File" block.

Perhaps if you have a csv report stored on a cloud provide you could do this.

But you will first need to create that csv file with an automation.

Anyways with the Generate Report block there is no option to create it as a CSV file (only as PDF or powerpoint). 

This is the article:

How to send an Excel report as an attachment using... - Qlik Community - 2037129

Sehrish_Rehman
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you, @Shai_E , for your reply. I appreciate it, and I will examine the information provided to determine how I can achieve the desired outcome