Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shako
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Error: Blocks.blocks.15.inputs.5.value The workspace input may not be greater than 1000 characters.

Hello,

I created Qlik Automation which filters table by dimension values and sends out output as an excel file to appropriate recipient. The automation was working, manually and also scheduled runs were successful but now I need to change app object id in the Automation blocks but I cant save changes because of this error.  I cant find out what the problem is

Shako_0-1681065580889.png

Labels (3)
9 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Shako 

We have released a new feature that will make it impossible to save automation when the input to any of the blocks is more than 1000 characters.

The error message says the input value of the 6th input parameter in the 15th block is more than 1000 characters. Please double-check and reduce the characters to make it work.

I hope this helps!

Thanks

JacobForssell
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @AfeefaTk ,

Interesting feature. I have the same error message and can not seem to locate the block. My block number 10 is either a sleep or a "wait for reload to complete", depending if you count the start block as number 1 or 0 and given that the blocks are enumerated by run order. Is there an easy way to find out where the problem is located?

JacobForssell_0-1681128209264.png

Thanks,

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @JacobForssell 

I totally agree that it's difficult to locate the block which is hitting the 1000-character limit.

Could you please share the automation json file, so that I can help you in figuring out this?

Thanks

JacobForssell
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you @AfeefaTk but I already found the problem 🙂

I had a output block with notes (not part of the automation chain) that exceeded the limit. 

Best regards

Jacob

CaseyLassiter
Contributor
Contributor

How can we submit a request to roll back this feature? 

PaleAtlas
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Code now has to be no more than 1000 characters?

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @PaleAtlas  @CaseyLassiter 

Thanks all for your input.

We have an open discussion internally regarding the same.

We will get back to you as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Shako , @PaleAtlas , @CaseyLassiter , @JacobForssell 

We have reverted back and it should be working fine now.

Could you please double-check and let us know the feedback?

Thanks for your patience!

PaleAtlas
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm Custom Code is back working. Thanks.

1000 character limit would be rather limiting.