Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rfoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excel to Teams

Hi,

Is it possible to send an excel sheet to teams?

Currently, I am getting data from a straight table putting into an excel file, saving to my onedrive then trying to send that excel into teams.

Regards

Labels (4)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Team,

From reading the documentation for the "Send Message" Microsoft Teams block, it seems like this might be possible, if the file is in share point (must be on SharePoint), you can use the Microsoft SharePoint block "Get Item" to get the attachment details for your excel file, in order to add it to the "Send Message" block attachments field.

Link to the documentation (See example 4):

Send chatMessage in a channel or a chat - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn

@AfeefaTk , did i understand this right?

View solution in original post

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Rfoot 

We managed to use the "Send Message" block to send files that exist in SharePoint.

I have created an example automation to show this approach

Please try it out and see if that works

More information on importing automation can be found here.

Hope this helps

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi Team,

From reading the documentation for the "Send Message" Microsoft Teams block, it seems like this might be possible, if the file is in share point (must be on SharePoint), you can use the Microsoft SharePoint block "Get Item" to get the attachment details for your excel file, in order to add it to the "Send Message" block attachments field.

Link to the documentation (See example 4):

Send chatMessage in a channel or a chat - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Learn

@AfeefaTk , did i understand this right?

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

@Shai_E Yes, I think you are correct

@Rfoot We are investigating if it's possible to use the existing "Send Message" block to send attachments that are already available in SharePoint.

We will get back to you as soon as we have an update

Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Rfoot 

We managed to use the "Send Message" block to send files that exist in SharePoint.

I have created an example automation to show this approach

Please try it out and see if that works

More information on importing automation can be found here.

Hope this helps

Thanks