Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iwin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Getting "The number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range." error while exporting qlik table to csv

Hi,

I am getting The number of rows or columns in the input array doesn't match the size or dimensions of the range while execution automation flow .

Attaching the automation used as well. 

Please let me know what changes needs to be done.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Iwin 

I have just noticed some configuration errors in the shared automation

I have done minor changes to your automation and attached the workspace below

Could you please double check from your end and let us know if that works as expected

Also, note that if the table already exists in an excel file its good to have the workflow described in this article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Copy-and-update-data-to-Microsoft-Excel-sheet-using-automati...

Please feel free to share your feedback and concerns regarding the same

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Iwin 

Thanks for reaching out to us

Could you please double-check the count of the keys returned from 'Get straight table data' which is being set as the header of the table in the excel worksheet. Does that match with the column range provided in Start Column and End Column fields

If you look at the below screenshot, the header values passed to the 'Create Excel Table With Headers' block in excel consist of 5 items which means the excel table should have 5 columns as header, and the column range is set to A:F which is not correct(sets up to 6 columns)
create-table-with-headers.png

The range should be changed a bit to create exact 5 columns in the excel table to store the header. Here for this example adjusting the column range to 'Start row: A' and' End row: E' solves the issue
create-excel-table-with-headers-adjusting-column-range.png

Please evaluate the count of keys returned from the 'Get Straight Table Data' block and match it with the column range provided in the 'Create Excel Table With Headers' block

Hope this helps!!

Please let us know if you still have any further issues

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK

Iwin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @AfeefaTk ,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the excel file which is created. The headers are getting created but the data output is not updated in the file.

Also the range of headers is between A and F .Please check below screenshot :

Iwin_0-1658207263981.png

Is the variable declaration and configuration correct?

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Iwin 

I have just noticed some configuration errors in the shared automation

I have done minor changes to your automation and attached the workspace below

Could you please double check from your end and let us know if that works as expected

Also, note that if the table already exists in an excel file its good to have the workflow described in this article https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Copy-and-update-data-to-Microsoft-Excel-sheet-using-automati...

Please feel free to share your feedback and concerns regarding the same

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK