Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ormesome
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I save a variable into a space?

There is a dataset I can only acquire by making an API call. I make the call and I read the body of the response into a variable. The variable now holds an excel file containing the dataset. I am working with the vendor to receive a csv instead, but this is what I have.

How do I write that variable (the excel file) to a qvd file in a shared space?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ormesome
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have been unsuccessful in using either analytics or automations to save the payload of an API call as a file in the shared space.

Instead I am using an external workflow engine to land the file into azure file storage from where I will import the excel file into Qlik.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ormesome
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have been unsuccessful in using either analytics or automations to save the payload of an API call as a file in the shared space.

Instead I am using an external workflow engine to land the file into azure file storage from where I will import the excel file into Qlik.

DaveChannon
Employee
Employee

If your API returns a full excel file as a string, you could try using the Qlik Platform Operations connector, using the base64 encode function, and storing this into the space using the create data file in space block.

I'm away next week, but if you want to provide an example response from the API over DM, I could mock something up when I get back.