Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markbhai
Creator
Creator

Implement JWT Authorization

Hi Guys,

I am integrating JWT Authentication into my web app. I have successfully obtained a token, and when I attempt to log in using JWT session, I receive a status code of '200'. However, when I try to fetch the CSRF token, it doesn't work and throws a '401 Unauthorized' error. Can anyone clarify this doubt?

const configModule = require("../config/config");
const tokenModule = require("../token/token");

async function auth(req,res) {
    const { tenantDomain, qlikWebIntegrationId, appId, currentLoginType, loginTypes } = configModule;
    const config = { tenantDomain, qlikWebIntegrationId, appId, currentLoginType, loginTypes };
    const  token  = await tokenModule.generate();

const login = await fetch(
        `https://${tenantDomain}/login/jwt-session?qlik-web-integration-id=${qlikWebIntegrationId}`,
        {
          method: "POST",
          credentials: "include",
          mode: "cors",
          headers: {
            "content-type": "application/json",
            Authorization: `Bearer ${token}`,
            "qlik-web-integration-id": qlikWebIntegrationId
          },
          rejectunAuthorized: false
        }
      );

const csrfTokenInfo = await (await fetch(
    `https://${tenantDomain}/api/v1/csrf-token?qlik-web-integration-id=${qlikWebIntegrationId}`,
    {
      credentials: "include",
      headers: {
        "Qlik-Web-Integration-ID": qlikWebIntegrationId
      }
    }
   ));

return { config, csrfTokenInfo }
  }
  module.exports = {auth};
Labels (1)
2 Replies
pperdigo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Check if session cookies are set after the login/jwt-session call, maybe you have 3rd-party-cookies blocked on your browser.

dcandyalex
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi  Markbhai 

A 401 Error in this case is due to you not being authorised to make that csrf-token fetch request. If you are doing this in the front-end they should be present but check as @pperdigo suggested. If they are missing you could set the cookies in the subsequent call and then Qlik will think you're authorised and you should get a 200 or 204 

Hope this helps