Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_r
Contributor
Contributor

Load Script Export, Automate Macro Input

Hello,

I have a macro below to store the load script of each QlikView file. This is to help with traceability of data, as well as keeping some level of version-control/documentation of our load scripts (it's not easy to store QlikView apps within Git due to file sizes and running in QMC changes binaries so using something like GitHub desktop, it's never easy to see what's been updated and what hasn't. And creating -prj folder exports messes with production dashboards.)

This macro works, however, I will need to go into several hundred QlikView apps, paste the macro, allow system access for macros, and add the trigger to run the macro. Is there any way to automate this process? Or is there any easier way to execute what I'm trying to accomplish?

And a second question, we are running Qlikview 2017 SR3 v12.20.20400.0 - I only have four options for document triggers. Is there any way to add additional triggers (e.g. "OnSave"?)

Sub ExportLoadScript
	file = ActiveDocument.Evaluate("vFilepath")&ActiveDocument.Evaluate("vFilename")&".txt"
	Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
	Set objFile = objFSO.OpenTextFile(file, 2,True)
	objFile.Write(ActiveDocument.GetProperties.Script)
	objFile.Close()
End Sub

Labels (1)
1 Reply
J_Lindberg
Support
Support

Hello @daniel_r 

It appears that this question has ended up in the wrong forum. In this forum we're able to help you with Qlik Application Automation related questions. Qlik Application Automation provides a no-code visual interface that helps you easily build automated analytics and data workflows. 
It would be great if you could post this question in the forum related to the product you are using and you will get help there.
Qlik View forum: https://community.qlik.com/t5/qlikview/ct-p/qlikview