Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stas_vd_Braber
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Move App To Personal Space

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an automation which exports apps. However, it is not possible to export apps (in a shared or managed space) with section access (Explanation Qlik Community ). It is possible to export the app when it is located in the "personal" space and the user exporting is a tenant administrator. My idea was to move the app to the "personal" space first when section access is detected in the automation. When the app is moved, the export of the app could follow. See below the setup of the automation.

clownbassie_0-1654199012239.png

After setting this up and moving the app, I notice that the app is not to be found in my "personal" space. Even though the app is to be seen under "All" with a "personal" icon.

clownbassie_1-1654199073870.png

Furthermore, the app has not the option to be exported, as where it is possible when the app is moved to a "personal" space by hand. It seems that using the "Move App To Space" block in the automation causes the app to be "lost" in some way.

clownbassie_2-1654199229256.png

Has anyone found a workaround or explanation for this issue?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Stas_vd_Braber 

We have released the fix in QAA.

Please keep the Space Id field empty to move an app from a shared space to your personal space. This should work

Please let us know if you are still having any further issues

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Stas_vd_Braber 

We are currently investigating the issue you have raised with the 'Move App To Space' endpoint

We will get back to you once we have an update

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Stas_vd_Braber 

We made 'Space Id' an optional parameter for the 'Move App To Space' endpoint. You don't have to provide 'Space Id' while moving an app from any shared space to your personal space. This should solve the issue

Please note that these changes are not yet available in QAA. We will keep you posted once the updated endpoint gets released in QAA
Thanks!!

Afeefa TK

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Stas_vd_Braber 

We have released the fix in QAA.

Please keep the Space Id field empty to move an app from a shared space to your personal space. This should work

Please let us know if you are still having any further issues

Thanks!!
Afeefa TK