Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Application Automation Based on User's Selections

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do an automation process that based on the user selections writes data into a Google Sheet. 

First of all, I have a Qlik Sense table that based on the selections triggers the automation and then writes that data into a Google Sheet.  

Rolando_Montero_0-1635196361312.png

This is my flow, it fetches data from the Qlik table and moves it to this Google Sheet. 

Rolando_Montero_1-1635196473433.png

Last but not least, my result is the following: I get every single person instead of the ones that I filtered out in my selection previously.

Rolando_Montero_2-1635196783067.png

Is there a Qlik Cloud block I'm missing that helps me write only the data I need?

Best regards 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

5 Replies
PietMichielRappelet
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Rolando_montero

When you say  'I have a Qlik Sense table that based on the selections triggers the automation and then writes that data into a Google Sheet. ', I understand from the screenshots that your design pattern is: 

• Button on sheet triggers reload
  • reloads event is picked up by the automation (webhook triggered)
  • automation does selection with 'select field value' block
  • automation gets data based on the field selected value. 

It is important to understand that the automation sessions are not the same as the UI session, so the running automation does not have any knowledge of selections you've done in the UI. This means you will need to specify in the automation the exact selection you want to execute.

If the above assumption is correct, the automation does not know what selection to apply hence returning all data.

We are working on a button type that uses bookmarks to send to the automation so the same selection can be applied. This will be using a triggered run mode where you select inside the button the automation and if selections are made, you'll have the option to send them in the payload of that call to automation. 

Kind regards, 

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @PietMichielRappelet,

That is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. From the Qlik Sense Table and depending on the user selections write data into a Google Sheet. But what if a user makes different selections for example by employee title. Let's say I have 40 titles in my company, will I have to create a bookmark for each one of them?

Reagards

MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

@Rolando_Montero  I've created an example for Office 365 that you may be able to adapt for Google Sheets:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Documents/Using-Qlik-Application-Automation-to-create-and-d...  

Rolando_Montero
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Wicked! Thanks a lot @MattGrayndler. I adapted your flow, and it worked like a charm. Also, I ended up using the extension since the action, now available in the object button, does not seem to work properly. 

My flow looks like this right now

Rolando_Montero_0-1635346568586.png

Thanks again for your kindness

TaMahdi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @MattGrayndler  thank you for sharing the On-Demand report template.

In my case, I have 2 filters in the app Year & Month, for example when I'm selecting Jan 2022 in the app, the report doesn't show Jan figures, instead, it shows latest month figures which June.

could you please advise if I need to amend anything in the automation?