cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Igor_Ribeiro
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Automation - Attach copy of table to e-mail

I need to create an automation to send a spreadsheet with data from a straight table from an app.

Currently I am using the Google Sheets connection and I send the link to the spreadsheet, but this spreadsheet is updated everytime the automation runs.

I need to send a copy of the spreadsheet attached to the e-mail so that the user can have access to older versions of the data.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Igor_Ribeiro,

After checking and confirming with our R&D team, downloading a spreadsheet cannot be done with the Sheets API. We would have to make use of the Drive API's, but unfortunately, we do not have a Google Drive connector available in Application Automation, so unfortunately we cannot download and attach a spreadsheet to an email.

Of course, it could work with a different approach, for example by creating a new spreadsheet every time the automation runs that would combine the new data with data from the previous spreadsheet.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Igor_Ribeiro,

I am checking in my environment and will get back to you soon!

It would be great if you can let me know the Automation blocks (screenshot of the layout) you have used to understand this better. Thanks!

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @Igor_Ribeiro,

After checking and confirming with our R&D team, downloading a spreadsheet cannot be done with the Sheets API. We would have to make use of the Drive API's, but unfortunately, we do not have a Google Drive connector available in Application Automation, so unfortunately we cannot download and attach a spreadsheet to an email.

Of course, it could work with a different approach, for example by creating a new spreadsheet every time the automation runs that would combine the new data with data from the previous spreadsheet.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know!

Alejandro-juarez22
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, is it possible to send the sheet by email?