cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srajqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik for Reporting in Epic

Hi.  This is Urgent! Could you please clarify if Qlik is being used as a reporting tool for Epic EHR anywhere.  Could you please confirm on this as soon as you can.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi, please contact your account manager or create a support ticket (especially if this is an urgent request). If you don't know who your account manager is I can look it up and forward this request if you give me your company name. Feel free to send it over email to emile.koslowski@qlik.com.

srajqlik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Emile.  I am in touch with my account manager, but I am afraid he wont know much about technical applications and uses of third party tools.  I was wondering if there are any experts here who might have used Qlik in Epic for replicating Epic reports.

Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

I have no experience in Epic, maybe someone can help you on the Qlik - Epic forum? qlik-epic-developers forum 

Dan-Kenobi
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi there @srajqlik 

The answer to your question is Yes and No. The thing is, Epic won't usually allow you to report off the main database (which is a Caché ORM storage), so in that sense you cannot. 

However, because of the need for data extraction, they make it Clarity and Caboodle available for customers. Which are essentially data extracted from Caché into some Relational storage.

IF you have those modules, you can report off these other end-points. I'll let you know off the bat that the Data Model on top of that is quite complex. Specially when dealing with Encounters table, or BillingTransactions (which are also massive in size).

I'll assume you don't have much experience with those models, and learning them is quite a curve. My recommendation would be for you to contact someone with years of extensive experience with building data models for EPIC (in many many versions) and extracting valuable information from it, like IPC Global.

Please reach out to mark.costa@ipc-global.com , and let him know he was referenced here. He'll take good care of you.

Hope this helps...