Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II

Return Variable value in an automation with get expression value block

Good morning everyone,
I am creating an automation that prints me some values of variables taken from an app in Qlik Cloud.
The app consists of 2 filters, 2 input boxes and the app ID linked to one of the selections made, I save these items I need in variables that from the app I see are populated correctly and I give them as input to the automation via a button that runs an automation.
In the automation using the qlik get expression value blocks with as expression = variable_name, I notice that the output however is not received correctly and that from the history section of the automation in the preview there is always the id of the app that launches the automation not as I would expect the value contained in the variable- To perform these steps I followed the following video https://videos.qlik.com/watch/G3NNWwnV79Xukqgd7P37Ue .

Can you tell me how I can fix it so that the get expression value returns the actual value contained in the variable?
Thank you

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

8 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @generalisupport 

Sorry for the delay in response.

If possible could you please share the automation json file and app where you have the button configured, so that we can further investigate the issue?

Thanks

generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am sending you the applications:
- Autonomous Deployment(1): input box version of the app
- Autonomous Deployment v2(1): version of the app with filtering on email
- Automation of task creation in Jira with params from app

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @generalisupport 

Are you sure that have configured the variable correctly in the app?

Please let me know using which sheet from the shared app, so I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks

generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, the app contains a single "TEST" sheet, in that sheet the problem lies in the User email field, in version 1 as input text, in v2 as filter pane.

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @generalisupport 

I have tested it out and it works well for me.

I can fetch the value provided in the User Email input box in the app from the Get Expression Value 5 automation block.

email1.pngemail2.png

generalisupport
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes it is correct that it works with the input text, the problem lies when with version v2 (where the email has the filter) is used by a person who is not the owner of the automation, in that case the owner's email is kept and not the one who launches the automation and therefore with the correct value that contains the variable vEmails passed to block 6

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @generalisupport 

Are you sure you are using the correct formula in the filter pane and Email variable?

I can see error in expression.Are you sure the field name is correct.When I changed EMAIL to Email,the error disappers.

error-in-expression.png

I have also tested in one of my test apps and can fetch the value provided in the filter pane from the Get Expression block.

Could you please cross-check if all the formulas are correctly entered?

Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @generalisupport 

Please find below screenshots from my test app.

filter-pane-1.pngvariables.pngget-expression.png