cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Run automation only during workdays and work hours

With 5,000 automations that can be ran a month, I would like to reduce my automations by not running them during the weekends or on off hours.  This would greatly reduce the number of automations I am running.  Is there a way to do this in Qlik Automation?  

I am not looking to use a condition to not show the results during these times.  I am looking to not run the automations during these periods, at all.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cisemgul
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a workaround solution for this issue.

1. Create a blank app and create a weekly reload schedule that runs Monday to Friday between working hours.
  2. Go to your automation. Click on the "App Reload Finished" block and make these changes:
  • Run Mode= Webhook
  • Connector= Qlik Cloud Services
  • Event = App Reload finished
  • and at the filters section select the app id that you just created.

I hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Check if details in below link is helpful, looks like Qlik is still working on better options to do that - 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Application-Automation/Schedule-automation-for-weekdays-only/td-p....

tinman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the response.  I reviewed that link.  It doesn't look like it stopping the automation on the weekends but just not showing the results.

I am trying to not allow the automation to run at all to help preserve my 5,000 automations.  There are so many wasted automations.  

If I was paying for the 20,000 automations or more and more than half of them were useless due to being ran on the weekends or after hours, I would be pretty upset with that.  

cisemgul
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a workaround solution for this issue.

1. Create a blank app and create a weekly reload schedule that runs Monday to Friday between working hours.
  2. Go to your automation. Click on the "App Reload Finished" block and make these changes:
  • Run Mode= Webhook
  • Connector= Qlik Cloud Services
  • Event = App Reload finished
  • and at the filters section select the app id that you just created.

I hope this helps 🙂

Arwa_Elshahawy
Contributor II
Contributor II

this sounds great. but is there another hack where i can reload my app every 2 minutes (as qlik automation allows) but only on weekdays and working hours @cisemgul 

tinman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

What I ended up doing was creating a space that holds 4 "apps" and only reload during the weekdays between 6AM-10PM, every hour.

- App 1 reloads at :00

- App 2 reloads at :15

- App 3 reloads at :30 

- App 4 reloads at :45

I duplicated my automation 3 times to have each run reloads on the 4 different apps.  So that way I could achieve reloads every 15 minutes and only during the weekdays.

To do this every 2 minutes might be a bit much but possible.