Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatihu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access with internal qlik users

Hi Com,

I use an external authorization system (basically a mysql database) to secure my Qlik Sense applications. In the section access script, I load all user data which are allowed to see the app content from my database. 

Now the issue: Since I use section access, the "task reloader" doesn't work anymore. It always fails. This only happens, when section access is activated in the script.

I tried to put the internal qlik users like sa_scheduler (load * inline...) in the section access and join it with my actual users table, but I can't run the script, it fails messaging "unknown error", "Connection lost...".

Now my question: How can I change the user to reload all tasks automatically? I want to change it to an admin user, which is also in my database.

Or is it possible to put the internal users like sa_scheduler in the section access?

Thanks!

Best

Labels (2)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I think you have created any syntax/logic-issue within the load and/or the mentioned join results in synthetic keys and/or circular references. A join is in general not the right way to add the qmc-user to the section access else it should be a concatenate-statement.

Further make sure that the qmc-user is correctly listed. Just create a text-box with: osuser() in a suitable application which you open with the qmc-user to see how the user look like.