Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackisas
Contributor
Contributor

Seeking Guidance on Qlik Sense Integration and Extension API

Could anyone provide insights or best practices for effectively utilizing the Qlik Sense Integration and Extension API? I'm eager to optimize my Qlik Sense experience and streamline integration. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated! What are some key tips for success in this regard?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/forums/

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It depends on your goals.  My first tip for success would be to understand the various APIs that are available, their capabilities and use cases.  It can be a confusing subject.

The Integration APIs are used to embed existing Qlik Apps, Sheets or individual visualizations into a web page. This is done using a URL in an iframe and is a relatively simple and rewarding starting point.  This is useful for combining Qlik visuals with an existing page like a company intranet.

The Extension API is used to create new custom visualizations.  This is useful for creating a new visualization type that is not available in the Qlik Client. This requires coding skills in javascript and can take a while to get up to speed. 

-Rob