Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L_VN
Partner - Contributor III

Show rendered HTML from Output block

I want my output block to show me a rendered version of HTML code. If I use the Parse as HTML function in a Output block it displays the HTML code in the browser as text. Is there a workaround to solve this? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @L_VN ,

I understand what you are trying to do but the output block does not support HTML.

Also, it seems like the automation is returning the output as an array/list to the browser so you won't be able to see the markdown rendered.

Our output tab in QAA does render the markdown.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @L_VN ,

It doesn't seem possible to do this with the output block.

Edit on 10:55AM: The block does seem to support markdown as described in the user guide

Output block | Qlik Cloud Help

L_VN
Author

Yes, markdown works within the Automation, but when accessing the output from the "Get Example" (https://tenant.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/automations/automation-id/actions/execute?X-Execution-Token=toke...) it always displays a JSON object. 

My solution is to redirect the user to my own website. 

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @L_VN ,

Sorry but what is "Get Example"?

L_VN
Author

The URL of the type I posted where you can access the Output 

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @L_VN ,

You mean the automations trigger URL, and that automation has an output block, so when i trigger that automation i should see the output of it in my browser?

Thanks

L_VN
Author

L_VN_0-1700655282647.png

The link from GET example

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @L_VN ,

I understand what you are trying to do but the output block does not support HTML.

Also, it seems like the automation is returning the output as an array/list to the browser so you won't be able to see the markdown rendered.

Our output tab in QAA does render the markdown.

Best Regards