Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

Specific run schedule for Qlik Automation and Qlik Apps

Hi!

I've searched the internet and although I found some related stuff, I'm still a bit confused.

I have 2 situations that I'm trying to improve the scheduling of reloads:

1. Qlik  Automation for shooting e-mail reports

2. Chain reloaded apps

In both cases I'm trying to set a more specific time to reload, but by default I only found limited periods (ex. every hour, or every 3 hours, etc.).

In the first case, I want to set the automation to run every 3 hours every day, but the default options go from  every "1 hour" to every "4 hours". I thought maybe I could set the app to run every hour and start with a "condition block" to check if the current time is equal to x. If so, then the app will run, otherwise it'll stop and wait for the next hour. I think this probably would work, but I'm not sure how to reference dates in Qlik Automation.

In the second case, I have 3 different apps that run hourly and thats perfect, except that the first app will only take some minutes to reload and the minimum frequency in the default app scheduler is "every 15 minutes", which means that I need to wait extra 15 minutes to run the second app (considering I need the data processed by the first app), and more 15 minutes to run the third app. In this case, is it possible to "chain load" these apps based on it's completion status?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Replies