cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brevels
Contributor II
Contributor II

Update List Item SharePoint Block

Hi all, I'm attempting to update an existing SharePoint list item using the 'Update List Item' block in Qlik Automation. I am able to write new items to a SharePoint list using the 'Create List Item' block, but am stuck on the settings of the 'Update List Item' block. Specifically the 'Item Id' field. Does anyone have any experience or documentation on how this field should be populated? Thanks in advance!  

brevels_0-1654782170573.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the documentation for the "Update List Item" endpoint:

Update listItem - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

Json representation of how the listitem  resource looks like:

listItem resource - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

Maybe you can make a request to the "Get List" endpoint, to get back a list, and one of the properties on a list is "items", which is an array of list items, which have a property of "id"

Hope this helps, im no expert on Microsoft SharePoint, but the above seems logical to me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi,

This is the documentation for the "Update List Item" endpoint:

Update listItem - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

Json representation of how the listitem  resource looks like:

listItem resource - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

Maybe you can make a request to the "Get List" endpoint, to get back a list, and one of the properties on a list is "items", which is an array of list items, which have a property of "id"

Hope this helps, im no expert on Microsoft SharePoint, but the above seems logical to me.

brevels
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Just to close this out, the main issue was my lack of knowledge about SharePoint. As stated above, I had to pull the auto-generated id from the SharePoint list into my Qlik app to have something to link to. Other than hitting a 200 item limit, the updating works fine now. Thanks everyone!