Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djohnston
Contributor
Contributor

Variable Not consistently Passing into Automation from User Input & Notifications to users

I've written a Qlik Writeback, On - Demand Data Generation automation to reload my DW (SQL Server) solution using a combination of Variable inputs from users on the front end of a application that assigns a value to a variable for what sort of execution method to do, 4 options total. It works in combination with a QVD update generator that takes the new information from the stored procedures execution.

User input --> automation reads input and writes value to QVD Generator, QVD Gen  executes reload of data, then the source app where the original request came from gets refreshed... im rather new with the Qlik Automation Processes.

I have 2 Main Issues

1. the variable is not consistently being passed, and the automation fails, and in other cases it runs multiple times in a row without error, regardless who executes it. 

2. When a user executes the Button to fire off the job, it instantly gives them a "Automation Finished" message even though its still running on the back end and could take 1-15 mins depending on the process they selected, however when I, the creator of the automation and tenant admin execute it i don't get the instant message and get the actual Finished / Failed messages when the automation is actually done as i'd expect the user to get. How can i change this behavior to where users are getting the same behavior i get? 

Button Behavior in App is set to triggered, include selections, and the input block is copied from the button, condition is determines if the Variable passed correctly (isnum) If it is there it passes the variable and after loop executes the reloads, if its not there it fails the automation after it reloads the source app to tell the user the automation failed (this is my work around to give them the update that it failed since the notification i mention above is not behaving the way id expect) 

djohnston_0-1711302043844.png

djohnston_1-1711302127571.png

djohnston_2-1711302169878.png

djohnston_3-1711302195048.png

if there are better mods i can make to be more optimal please let me know, again new to the automation process, additional note, writebacks directly to my DW are not support in my Qlik Environment

Labels (2)
0 Replies